INHALE-1 is a research study that aims to look at how safe an inhaled insulin product is and how well it works in children and teenagers with diabetes.
- The study involves clinic visits, blood draws, and lung function tests
- Qualified participants will either take inhaled insulin for 12 months or continue mealtime injectable insulin for 6 months and then switch to inhaled insulin for 6 months
- Inhaled insulin will be provided at no cost
- Participants will be asked to check their glucose level frequently using a study provided continuous glucose monitor (CGM)
Compensation will be available and a CGM will be provided throughout the study.
- Children and teenagers between ages 4-17
- Diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes and using mealtime insulin (vial or pen, no pumps)
- A1c is 7-11%
- No recent history of asthma (in the last 12 months) or other lung conditions
- No history of smoking (cigarettes, marijuana, or vape) within the last 6 months
If you are interested in learning more, please answer the following questions to see if your child is eligible.
“*” indicates required fields